It is a powerful tool that helps create a distinctive and recognizable brand that can build emotional connections with customers. In this article, we will discuss the value of a brand archetype and how it can be used to improve brand identity.
Using a brand archetype offers several advantages for companies. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Creates recognition: By using a brand archetype, a company creates a recognizable and consistent brand identity that can be easily remembered by customers.
- Strengthens brand loyalty: Brand archetypes help create an emotional connection between the brand and customers, which can lead to strengthened brand loyalty.
- Facilitates communication: Brand archetypes provide a common language and symbolism that companies can use to effectively communicate with their target audience.
- Provides direction for marketing strategies: Brand archetypes provide a basis for developing marketing strategies that fit the brand identity.
What is a brand archetype?
There are 12 different brand archetypes commonly used in the marketing world, each with its own characteristics and attributes. These archetypes are: the innocent, the explorer, the wise, the hero, the ally, the lover, the jester, the caring, the rebel, the magician, the ruler and the sage. Each archetype has its own unique set of characteristics and traits that can be used to define brand identity and serve as a mirror mechanism to the target audience and audience segments.
“One of the main benefits of good design in a proposition is that it can create trust and credibility with potential customers.”
Using a brand archetype begins with understanding the unique characteristics and attributes of the brand and matching them with the appropriate archetype. Companies need to understand their brand identity and their target audience before choosing an archetype. It is important to choose the right archetype to ensure that the brand identity is properly reflected.
Once the right archetype is chosen, companies can use it to strengthen their brand identity and marketing strategies.
Companies can take the following steps to use a brand archetype effectively:
- Develop a brand story: The brand story should fit the chosen archetype and reflect the brand’s values and attributes. It must be inspiring and relevant to the target audience.
- Use visual elements that fit the archetype: Using visual elements such as color, imagery, typography and graphics can help communicate the archetype and reinforce brand identity.
- Adjust the tone of voice: The tone of voice should fit the chosen archetype. For example, it can be playful for a jester archetype or authoritarian for a ruler archetype.
- Implement the archetype throughout the organization: Use of the brand archetype should not be limited to marketing. It must be implemented throughout the organization, including product development, customer service and internal communications.
- Evaluate regularly: Companies should regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the chosen archetype and make adjustments as needed.
A powerful concept
A brand archetype is a powerful concept that companies can use to define and enhance their brand identity. It offers several benefits, including creating recognition, reinforcing brand loyalty, facilitating communication and providing direction for marketing strategies. Choosing the right archetype and implementing it effectively throughout the organization is critical to realizing the full potential of the concept.
Are you looking for a strategic partner that helps, advises and can implement your Brand Archetype? Do you want to be challenged to think further and discover new opportunities? Then let’s meet without obligation and discuss how together we can take your products or services to the next level.
Swipe to discover
Digital hospitality something developed by Sumedia itself
Digital hospitality can then be seen as providin...